The Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) program at Florida Education Institute is hands on and lab-based. Here at FEI in Miami FL, we learn by doing. Our approach is simple, in that every student trains in real simulated environments on actual air conditioning and refrigeration equipment. Our labs allow students to gain hands on experience in equipment installation, maintaining air conditioning units, troubleshooting equipment failures, and refrigeration systems. HVAC/R technicians provide valuable services to people so they can live more comfortably indoors regardless of the weather outside. HVAC/R technicians typically do the following:
- 1. Install, Maintain, and Repair Heating, Cooling, and Refrigeration Systems
- 2. Repair Or Replace Defective Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Equipment
- 3. Install Electrical Wiring and controls and Test For Their Proper Operation
- 4. Inspect and maintain customers’ HVAC/R systems and More!
Things You May Not Have Known
- 1. You’ll Earn A Better Income Than Most Would Expect. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS): “As of May 2015, Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers (49-9020) make a median annual wage of $45,110 per year.” You’ll be getting a lot more out of your career thanks to your training at FEI here in Miami, than most people do with other schooling.
- 2. There Are Plenty Of Jobs Available. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS): “Employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is projected to grow 14% between 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.” That’s a lot of job growth and security in an economy with so many people either out of work or underemployed.
- 3. HVAC/R Techs Are Highly Skilled. Becoming an HVAC technician means more than just being able to use a screwdriver and change fluids. A good HVAC technician has to understand the mechanics of heating, cooling, and ventilation as well. You will need to understand all of the math, chemistry, and physics that go behind making those systems work properly. HVAC techs also need to develop good interpersonal communication skills in order to work with a team, deal with managers, or adjust to any customers’ wishes or requests. To become a great HVAC/R you’ll need to master these skills and more. Learning how to do that at a quality school like FEI can help you do that and more!
- 4. Women Work In The Field As Well. Female HVAC/R techs have been making great strides in the HVAC/R industry. Interesting fact, a female owned HVAC/R business was actually awarded the 2015 Women of Influence Award. The tremendous efforts that have been made to expose women to trade skills and careers is certainly helping to build the industry more than ever. If you’re a woman interested in joining the growing HVAC/R field, or you know a woman who is? Contact the experts here at FEI in Miami.
Is A Career In HVAC/R Right For You?
Our program is unique in how we approach out students and their education. Graduates of our HVAC/R program not only gain a strong foundation to help launch their careers. They also learn the “ins and outs” of the business side of things. Everything from Working for an HVAC/R company, Managing an HVAC/R team, or Owning your own HVAC/R company. You will also learn everything about:
- 1. Air Conditioning Companies
- 2. Refrigeration Companies
- 3. Repair & Maintenance Companies
- 4. Selling & Installation Companies
- 5. Major Businesses/Locations With Maintenance Departments (Hotels, Hospitals, etc)
Do you love fixing things? Have You always had a great eye and ear for mechanical repairs? Have you thought about being your own boss? Would you like to have a job in a career field that’s constantly growing? If you answered “Yes” to any of those questions, you should probably look into Florida Education Institute’s HVAC/R Program here in Miami, Florida. Don’t delay, check out the highly rated HVAC/R program at FEI here in Miami today!