The FEI advantage
The FEI Advantage is the individualized attention and support we give your goals. FEI’s career-focused education is about you. At FEI, our we will support you during your journey to success. Our faculty and staff are trained to make all the difference.
We teach the 10 “Success Habits” to every student. At FEI, we talk “Success Habits” every day in the classroom, labs, and even in the hallways. These habits combined with your new technical skills can propel you to real, life-long success.
At FEI, you’ll never be a number
At FEI, individual attention is key for student success. We will know you by name and your personal success goals. You will never be a number at FEI. We ask our faculty and staff to work together so we can have a real positive impact on you and your goals.
What do Medical Billers and Coders do?
The medical coder really must be very specific in telling the whole story of the patient’s encounter with the physician or medical facility in order to assure that the correct reimbursement for services rendered is requested.
Medical coders typically do the following:
- Transfers healthcare diagnosis, procedures, and medical services into reimbursement codes
- Review, interpret, and process important medical documents
- Ensures codes are assigned correctly using CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II
- Ensure accurately assigned codes for billing and reimbursement purposes
- Work as liaison between health provider and billing offices
- Verifies care provided for coding purposes
- Appeals of denied claims
On the other side, medical billers process and follow up on claims or invoices sent to health insurance companies for reimbursement of medical services provided by the healthcare provider.
© 2018 Copyright, Florida Education Institute. All Rights Reserved.