The FEI advantage
The FEI Advantage is the individualized attention and support we give your goals. FEI’s career-focused education is about you.At FEI, our we will support you during your journey to success. Our faculty and staff are trained to make all the difference.
We teach the 10 “Success Habits” to every student.At FEI, we talk “Success Habits” every day in the classroom, labs, and even in the hallways. These habits combined with your new technical skills can propel you to real, life-long success.
At FEI, you’ll never be a number
At FEI, individual attention is key for student success.We will know you by name and your personal success goals. You will never be a number at FEI. We ask our faculty and staff to work together so we can have a real positive impact on you and your goals.
What do HVAC/R Technicians do?
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) technicians provide valuable services so people can live in comfortable climate conditions indoor. In addition, many restaurants and food service industry businesses need refrigeration services. HVAC/R technicians typically do the following:
- Install, maintain, and repair heating, cooling, and refrigeration systems
- Repair or replace defective air conditioning and refrigeration equipment
- Repair and replace equipment’s components and wiring
- Use blueprints or design specifications to install or repair HVAC/R systems
- Connect systems to fuel and water supply lines, air ducts, and other components
- Install electrical wiring and controls and test for their proper operation
- Inspect and maintain customers’ HVAC/R systems
- Test individual components to determine necessary repairs
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts
- Determine HVAC/R systems’ energy use and make recommendations to improve their efficiency
© 2018 Copyright, Florida Education Institute. All Rights Reserved.